Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Not Your Typical Mommy...

  • I do not freak out about taking my baby into public places; in fact, I find he is happiest when out and about.
  • I do not get super sad when my baby reaches a milestone or grows because I want that particular stage to last forever. Rather I get a feeling of pride that he is growing and maturing.
  • I am not concerned when I leave my child at his caregivers twice per week or let his grandma or aunt take him for a few hours on a Saturday. He enjoys his time with these special people and it allows me to work.
  • I don’t feel guilty when I go to work. I know I am doing the right thing for myself and my family so I have a sense of pride when I head off to the boutique.
  • I take my little nugget to the cafĂ© with me once or twice per week to meet with a friend. All the barista’s know him by name and treat him like a little king.
  • I have also taken my buddy to the salon with me (after getting permission of course) and he just loved all the attention! They told me to bring him back whenever I’d like.
  • The first time I let Jason spend the night away from home was when he was 3 months old. He stayed with his grandma and it didn’t concern me in the least. In fact it was a wonderful time for grandma and baby. 



      Maybe I am not your typical overly sentimental mom...but I do have the utmost pride and joy in my baby boy. I love him with all my heart. My ways of expressing it may not be to cling to each stage or get teary when leaving him with someone else. But I do my own thing and I am really starting to feel confidant in the role I have established for myself and my family. I treasure my duty as mother like no other and I feel thankful for where I am at this point. 

      3 comments:

      1. Beautiful, true post!

        Love the blog & new follower:

        ~Samantha
        www.thepeanutsgang.com

        ReplyDelete
      2. Kudos. I love that you can be a working mom and not drive yourself crazy about it. Happy Belated WW

        ReplyDelete
      3. What a cutie!!!

        I am now a new Google Connect Friend.

        Im stopping by from Friendship Friday.
        http://artpark78.com/blog1

        ReplyDelete