Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Meet My Valentine

Being that it is the day of love I figured I would write about my Valentine, my husband "M".
M and I meet about 7 years ago when he moved to my little Midwest town from California. He was the "new guy" at my dads place of work...so yes, my dad was his boss. This may sound like a potentially awkward situation but it really wasn't. My dad and M hit it off right off the bat. One day M saw me in the parking lot checking underneath my hood (my car was making a funny sound). Maybe it was my 4 inch heels or possibly the totally confused look on my face that told M I had no clue what was going on with my vehicle. M happens to be very good with cars and asked my dad if I needed help. I did, and through his tweaking of my car we became fast friends. That friendship developed into more and as they say, the rest is history...we have now been happily married for 4 1/2 years!



M has been with me through some very tough times. To say our marriage has been a fairy tale would be a lie...but our struggles have created a stronger bond between us. M has supported me through my dark days of an eating disorder, depression, and anxiety. We also went through the roller coaster of infertility and adoption together.

Recently M has become a father and he has made me love him even more. He is truly my hero and the best valentine I could ask for. I know I am blessed to have him!

I'd love to hear about your valentines. It doesn't have to be a significant other. Sometimes valentines come in the form of pets, kids, or friends. I hope you have a FABULOUS day...show someone you love that you care!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Rachel, that is so sweet and I really admire your transparency. I love when bloggers share the struggles and hard things too.

    My valentine is my husband. One year ago today, we came home to start a new life after he received a life saving transplant. We are so thankful to have a second chance at life and to enjoy each day!

    Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete